Looking to create spooky treats with your little ones this Halloween? We recommend two easy yet frightfully delicious recipes, so simple even your kiddos can make them!
So go ahead and plan a fun Halloween party for the family, and make sure to include loads of baking and decorating fun with these terrifyingly tasty bites. You’ll see that with the right oven, you can make a variety of snacks in a jiffy, such as these Dracula Teeth and Spider Pizzas!
Read on for the recipes or watch the video here.
Do you believe vampires exist? Even if you don’t, these dentures belong to the most powerful of them all, Count Dracula! These freakishly addictive cookies are quick and fuss free to make, with just five ingredients needed. Once the cookies come out of the oven, all the excitement is in the decorating. So remember to get your young’uns involved!
1. Preheat the oven to 230°C.
2. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Roll cookie dough into balls and line them on the tray.
3. Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
4. Let the cookies cool and cut into halves.
5. To create red frosting, add red food colouring into vanilla frosting and mix well.
6. Spread a thin layer of red frosting on each cookie half.
7. Place mini marshmallows around the edges of each cookie. (Only do this for half of the cookie halves.)
8. Finally, create dracula dentures by placing the remaining cookie halves on top and decorate with 2 pieces of slivered almonds for fangs.
We hope these creepy-crawlies don’t scurry away! Not only will your kids get their creative juices flowing making spider art, they even get to customise the mini pizzas with all their favourite toppings including ham, salami, or other types of veggies and cheeses. Do enjoy the pizzas fresh out of the oven when the cheese is all warm and melty on top!
1. Preheat the oven at 180°C.
2. Unroll pizza dough and cut 4-6 dough circles.
3. Brush each circle with pizza sauce and sprinkle cheese on top (to your liking).
4. Bake for 8-10 mins.
5. To make spider bodies, slice olives lengthwise into halves (lengthwise). To make spider legs, slice olives widthwise into halves.
6. Arrange sliced olives on top of the pizzas to create spiders. Enjoy the creepy delights hot from the oven!
There’s really a wealth of healthy and indulgent snacks you can bake with a trusty oven! So invest in a digital oven, such as the Mayer 38L digital oven. It features a 2 hour timer, LED screen display, 10 preset functions, top and bottom individual temperature control, sensor touch button control for oven light, convection fan, rotisserie and more, for any type of baking and roasting you desire!
Depending on the size of your kitchen, you may prefer smaller, sleeker designs such as Mayer’s 33L, 32L or 30L electric ovens which are extremely user-friendly, and include temperature control of up to 230°C, a 60 minute timer, and five different functions including fermentation and rotisserie. Now you can bake anything you dream of, creepy or otherwise!
Explore our wide range of digital, electric and air fryer ovens, and enjoy FREE DELIVERY, when you shop on Frasers eStore.
Looks like we’ve got no tricks and only treats up our sleeves this time. We hope you’re ready to get creative in the kitchen, satisfy those sweet cravings with homemade spooky sweets, and have a very memorable Halloween with the little ones! The spookier, the better.